Particularly small sized universal coating thickness gauge for quick and easy use on site, e.g. for inspectors and car dealers or on construction sites.
The F model allows measurement of non-magnetical layers (varnishes, paints, enamel, insulating, chrome, zinc etc). on steel up to a maximum coating thickness of 3 mm / 120 mils while model FN additionally offers the measurement of non-conductive coatings (paint, anodizing etc.) on non-ferrous metals up to a maximum coating thickness of 2.5 mm / 100 mils.
High accuracy and precise repeatability is achieved through sensor-integrated digital 32-bit-signal processing.
A universal sensor automatically determines the substrat and adjusts to the corresponding measuring principle: eddy-current or magnetic-induction (only model FN).
Instant statistics with number of measuring values, mean value, standard deviation, minimum and maximum.
Weight: 80 g / 2.8 oz.
Non-destructive measurement of:
- non-magnetic coatings such as paint, enamel, chrome and zinc on ferromagnetic bases
- insulating coatings such as paint, anodic coatings on non-ferrous metal bases (model FN only)
- Sensor integrated digital 32-bit signal processing (SIDSP®) for high accuracy and repeatability
- Dual sensor for automatic identification of the substrate (FN model). According to the substrate, it adjusts to the appropriate measuring principle: magnetic induction or eddy currents principle.
- Quick statistics mode to calculate the number of readings, average, standard deviation and min., max. value
- Lightweight: 80 g / 2.8 oz. only
Scope of delivery
- MiniTest 70
- Steel and aluminium test plates
- Calibration foils
- Operating instructions
- Gauge tether
- Storage case
MiniTest 70 F
For measuring any non-magnetic coatings (paint, enamels, chrome, etc.) on ferro-magnetic bases (e.g. constructional steel, car bodies, etc.)
MiniTest 70 FN
For measuring any non-magnetic coatings (paint, enamels, chrome, etc.) on ferro-magnetic bases (e.g. constructional steel, car bodies, etc. ) as well as for measuring insulating coatings (e.g. paint, enamels, anodic films, etc.) on non-ferrous metal bases (e. g. aluminium, copper, brass, etc. )
|Measuring range|| |
|Measuring principle||magnetic-induction / eddy current|
|Signal processing||Sensor integrated digital 32-bit signal processing (SIDSP®)|
|Repeatability||± (1% of reading + 1 μm / 0.04 mils)|| |
|Low range resolution||0.5 µm / 0.02 mils|
|Minimum curvature radius|| |
|Minimum substrate thickness|| |
|Measuring units||metric / imperial, user selectable|
|Calibration||standard, 1-point and 2-point calibration|
|Statistics||mean value |
number of readings
|Operating temperature||-10 °C - 60 °C / 14 °F - 140 °F|
|Storage temperature||-20 °C - 70 °C / -4 °F - 158 °F|
|Power supply||1 Mignon AA battery|
|International standards||DIN EN ISO 1461 |
DIN EN ISO 2064
DIN EN ISO 2178
DIN EN ISO 2360
DIN EN ISO 2808
DIN EN ISO 3882
ASTM B 244
ASTM B 499
ASTM E 376
|Weight||80 g / 2.8 oz.|