Sturdy and accurate ultrasonic thickness gauge based on the ultrasonic pulse run-time method.
Three variants of the coating thickness gauge MiniTest 400 are available:
- MiniTest 420 - the sturdy entry-level model with the most important basic functions
- MiniTest 430 - with extended functional range and USB interface
- MiniTest 440 - the high-end device that can penetrate coatings for measuring
6 ultrasonic probes with frequencies ranging between 2 and 10 MHz in different designs offer a broad spectrum of applications and thickness measurements ranging from 0.65 mm to 500 mm. A high temperature ultrasonic probe is also available, designed for measurement of hot materials with temperatures of up to 350 °C.
The device is equipped for automatic detection of the intelligent ultrasonic probes and re-calibration is not required upon switching probes. The calibration data of the sensor is saved in the probe (only in the case of MiniTest 430 and 440).
Uninterrupted scanning of a part for thinning is possible at the minimum mode.
Non-destructive wall thickness measurement of:
- Hard materials like metal, synthetic material, glass, ceramic etc.
- Hollow bodies of all kinds like tanks, pipes etc.
- Non-destructive wall thickness measurement ranging between 0.65 mm and 500 mm
- High measurement precision and repeatability
- High resolution of 0.01 mm
- Scan mode with 10 measurements per second
- Low voltage memory
- Minimum mode to detect thinning due to erosion or selective/pitting corrosion
- Alarm mode with optical and acoustic signals to indicate exceeded limit values
- Differential mode to indicate deviation from set value
- Saving and evaluation of measured values by built-in data logger
The standard mode displays the active measurement reading.
The lowest measured value (= thinnest point) is displayed while measuring. This mode is suited for measurement on curved surfaces or to locate the thinnest wall thickness.
Shows the differential value between the required thickness and the effective thickness measured.
Activates an optical and acoustic alarm when values exceed or fall short of the threshold values.
Particularly for quick measurements at high material temperatures.
Scope of delivery
- device MiniTest 420 / 430 / 440
- 5 MHz Standard probe
U5.0 for the MiniTest 420 and 430 devices
U5.0E for the MiniTest 440 device
- Instruction manual German/English (French under preparation)
- 2 x 1.5 V battery LR 06 / AA
- Protective rubber cover
- 1 bottle (200 ml) anti-corrosion coupling agent
- Data transmission cable (only for MiniTest 430 / 440)
- Data transmission software
- Plastic case
Sturdy and economically priced basic model with memory, USB interface and automatic probe-calibration detection. Standard and minimum measurement modes are available.
With integrated memory for 10 groups each with maximum 500 measuring values and USB interface. Besides the MiniTest 420 model, the differential, alarm and scanning measuring modes are also available.
High-end device with integrated memory for 10 groups each with a maximum capacity of 500 measuring values, USB interface and 5 measuring modes; connecting echo-echo probes is possible.