We are here to help you
finding the best solution for your individual measuring task as well as to answer all questions on coating thickness measurement in general and also when it comes to special topics, on calibration, quality requirements and many more. It is our pleasure to share our experience of more than 70 years in coatings industry with our customers.
Head of technical support
Tel.: +49 221 75204-63
A measuring device conceived for rough use on a construction site to gauge the thickness of all non-metallic layers in the context of construction work, like bituminous mixtures (asphalt), blast furnace slag, concrete etc.
The measuring process is non-destructive and TP D-StB 12 approved (Technical testing regulations applicable for calculating surface thickness in road construction) to gauge individual and total thickness of layers in road construction.
Use of the device in road constructions typically involves placing aluminium foil at the base of an asphalt layer yet to be applied. The foil gets packed in by the gravel mix and thus does not hamper the process of inter-layer bonding. Decades of experience have shown that the foils do not affect the stability of the asphalt layers.
Unlike the core drill method, this does not damage the construction layer.
The measuring reflectors can be located by a bar graph display on the measuring device or acoustically by the headphone included in the delivery.
There are three kinds of probes available for special applications in the construction sector:
- N 100ST: Up to 100 mm to measure the covering layer in road construction
- N 400ST: Measuring range between 0 and 400 mm to measure the base and covering layers in road construction
- N 800ST: Measuring range between 0 and 800 mm for landfill caps.
Non-destructive thickness measurement of non-magnetic layers in the field of construction, e.g.:
- Asphalt, slag, gravel and concrete layers in road construction
- Concrete layers in landfill construction work
- Non-destructive measurement
- TP D-StB 12 approved
- Measuring range up to 800 mm
- Direct display of thickness
- Unlimited measurements repeatedly at the same spot
- Easy location of the measuring reflectors
- StratoTest 4100 device
- Measuring probe N 400ST
- Foldable dolly for measuring
- Calibration plate
- 9 V bloc battery, type 6LR61
- Plastic carrying case