We are here to help you
in finding the best solution for your individual measurement task, as well as in answering all questions about coating thickness measurement in general and also when it comes to special topics, about calibration, quality requirements and much more. It is our pleasure to share our experience of more than 70 years in the coatings industry with our customers.
Head of technical support
Tel.: +49 221 75204-63
GalvanoTest: Coulometric coating thickness measurement gauge
The anodic dissolution method, also known as the coulometric method, functions similarly to the electroplating process: an electrolyte separates individual metal coatings from the substrate with the help of an electric current. By measuring the current and time, the GalvanoTest determines the thickness of the separated coating.
The GalvanoTest coating thickness measurement gauge is available in two variants:
- GalvanoTest 2000: the electrolyte is circulated by a pulsator nozzle.
- GalvanoTest 3000: large electrolyte volumes circulated by a circulation pump enable quick serial measurements. Suitable for use on very small parts and for the measurement of gold layers.
Destructive measurement of:
- Varnish, synthetic materials, glass, enamel and other coatings on wood, synthetic materials, glass, metal and ceramic
- Coulometric dissolution principle
- 8 de-plating speeds from 0.3 to 40 µm / min
- Measuring surface ranging between 0.25 and 8 mm²
- Measuring range between 50 nm and 75 µm / 0.002 – 3 mils
- An electrolyte beaker (accessory) to measure wires
- Variable shut-down speeds to measure alloy zones
- A wide range of special accessories for measurements on small components and wires
- GalvanoTest device
- Standard stand with measuring cell and pulsator nozzle (GalvanoTest 2000)
- Measuring stand with integrated circulation pump and measuring cell type 1 (GalvanoTest 3000)
- Connecting cable gauge / stand
- Ring gaskets and masks
- Electrolytes as per client request
- Bottle for electrolyte waste
- Spray bottle
- Rubber pencil
- Absorbent paper
- Operating manual