Coating thickness gauge MiniTest 7400
High-end coating thickness gauge with a wide selection of external, interchangeable sensors.
The graphic display allows for direct display of statistical values, trend diagrams, histograms and simplified user guidance.
The MiniTest 7400 coating thickness gauge device enables measurement of non-magnetic coatings (paint, synthetic material, chromium etc.) on a ferromagnetic substrate (steel) and of insulating coatings (varnish, enamel, synthetic material etc.) on conductive substrates (aluminium, copper, stainless steel).
The MiniTest 7400 makes it possible to take a wide range of measurements, from the thinnest coatings in the sub-micrometer range (e.g. galvanised coatings), difficult geometries of the objects to be measured (e.g. measurement of steel pins, measurement to be taken in recesses and holes, etc.) down to thick coatings (e.g. flame retardant coatings in steel constructions, rubber coatings etc.).
The SIDSP sensors are technologically advanced and unique in their accuracy and reproducibility on account of their manufacturing process. Despite high accuracy the sensors are wear resistant and withstand even years of use on rough surfaces. Each sensor is subject to a fully automatic factory test and provided with 50 calibration points for correction of even the slightest deviations. Furthermore, while manufacturing them each sensor is encoded with temperature compensation for automatic correction of the effect of temperature on the readings.
The MiniTest 7400 coating thickness gauge device is operated via a graphic interface and provides help functions akin to those of a PC: context-specific help, filing of readings in folder structures and menu-driven navigation with symbols and text display. The user guidance is available in 4 languages, others are under preparation.
Non-destructive coating thickness measurement of:
- Non-magnetic coatings like varnishes, enamels, chromium and zinc on ferromagnetic base materials (e.g. steel)
- Insulating coatings like varnishes and anodising aluminium and nonferrous metals (e.g. aluminium)
- Precision in coating thickness measurement of up to 100 mm / 4 inches
- Increased accuracy and reproducibility by sensor-integrated digital signal processing (SIDSP®)
- Universal probes with automatic substrate detection for quick measurements on steel and nonferrous metals
- Wear resistant probes with practically unlimited service life
- Optimal temperature compensation
- High precision characteristic curves with up to 50 data points in the factory calibration
- Storage for up to 100000 values
- User guidance in 4 languages, others under preparation
- Infrared data transmission (IrDA) to PC and printer
Scope of delivery
- MiniTest 7400 device
- Software MSoft 7 Professional
- User guidance German/English/French/Spanish
- Quick reference guide
- 4 AA cells, type LR06
- Plastic carrying case